Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2009

A beautiful spring weekend


The last two days were so beautiful I could not wait to get out and do some gardening.
That made Saturday kind of painful since I had to work until 3 pm. I stopped at the nursery on my way home and boy were they busy. People and dogs every where. This is not a dog park. Leave the furry kids at home. Anyway, I escaped without spending too much money. I brought home a few shade plants for the “back 40”.

When I finally got out in the yard I spent most of Saturday edging the back portion, and a little time cleaning my pond and planting a few plants here and there.

Sunday I transplanted most of my tomato starts from their plug pots into 4” pots. After they spend a short time there I hope to sell off the spares. Today is there first day outdoors unsupervised. I hope they don’t party and disturb the neighbors.

Scott put together a potting bench and that is where my tomatoes are currently hanging out. It will spend a little time on the back porch for easy access then it will go back behind the shop.

Today I will be attending a meeting for a almost local garden club. The West Linn garden club’s meeting will run from 7-9. I hope it is informative and fun. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment