Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2009

Very busy sunday at the Brown-Williams house

This is Viburnum tinus 'Compactum'Spring Bouquet

It is an evergreen shrub with small, leathery, dark, green leaves. The new stems flush wine-red then fade to green. Viburnum tinus 'Compactum' has dense fragrant white to light pink flowers in the spring. The fruit is a blue black berry in the fall. This Viburnum has a round compact upright growth habit and can get 5-6' tall by 5-6' wide making it perfect for small hedges or screens.


I pent quite a while remove some giant overgrown ugly shrub to make room for this little cutie. The shrub in question would obscure the light from the new window I am designing for the back porch area. Hopefully to be completed by June. It would be nice to have it done for Christina's graduation.
I think it is so cool that she will be graduating at or near the top of her class. Quite an accomplishment. especially considering she works full time too.
Aside from shrub removal other Sunday activities for me included planting some peas, carrots, spinach and nearly 100 onion starts. I added 1 more blueberry bush. It is a northern high-bush variety that will fruit in June. My others fruit in July, so i will be able to enjoy them for a longer season.
I mowed the back lawn and then Scott put down a bit more seed and fertilized it. Scott also spent some time putting finish on several stair treads to be installed when they are done.

2 comments:

  1. Lord, you sound like you've been VERY busy, especially at this time of year for your work! I'm highly impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pretty shrubs :) I couldn't even keep my stupid cactus garden alive!

    ReplyDelete