Search This Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Yard and patio show

Yesterday i went to the yard & patio show at the convention center.
I attended 3 seminars.
The first one was about fragrant plants. it wasn't much of a talk. more of a list of plants for each season.
The second seminar was put on by Ed Hume ttp://www.humeseeds.com/. It was about tips for the vegie garden and growing things year round. I did pick up a few tips from his talk. A couple of them were on slug traps, and gopher deterrents.
The last seminar was "bodacious borders" The speaker was Lucy Hardiman a local garden designer. http://www.lucyflora.com/ it was about planning borders, obviously. Thinking about color, texture, size, etc. There were some wonderful slides. I did get a few ideas from her talk. This picture is from her website and is a garden she did.
Today i planted my melons and a few other things. Now my little indoor greenhouse if pretty much full. Lots of little sprouts coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment