Search This Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2009

I crown thee ...

Today I planted my asparagus crowns. I had bought 15 Jersey Knight asparagus crowns yesterday at Portland Nursery. I have room for 3-5 more that i might get this coming week. I am filled with anticipation to see if they all come up even though I wont be able to harvest for a couple of years.

I also started some parsley seeds indoors, as they take such a long time to germinate. Next week I will plant the tomatoes and basil, also inside. If the weather is acceptable I will plant my peas outside.

2 comments:

  1. How much did you pay for the asparagus crowns? I'm trying to decide whether to start them from seeds, buy crowns locally or by mail order...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crowns i bought at portland nursery for a couple of bucks each. i have seen them at Al's for about 7 bucks. I think with crowns you might be able to eat them in a year instead of two years

    ReplyDelete