Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Last Years Garden

Here I am, working in my garden last year. In this picture we have corn, tomatillo, zucchini, beans, broccoli, and edamame. What you can't see are the tomatoes, cucumbers, peas, artichoke, spinach and lettuce.

In the coming year there will be no corn, broccoli, peppers, artichoke. Instead we are having Asparagus, melon, garlic, herbs, more tomatoes, carrots and onions.

Yesterday in the foggy, chilly weather i started prepping my asparagus bed. I hoed under the clover cover crop, topped with a layer of composted steer manure, 10 pounds of greensand (mineral additive) and a bale of compost Then I topped it all off with a thin layer of leaves. All this i will till into the soil in February right before i plant the asparagus crowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment